Douglasville Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Why do I need a workers’ compensation lawyer?
It’s your health and your career on the line. That’s why from the moment you’re injured, you need to have a game plan. At the Law Offices of Laura Lanzisera, we specialize in workers’ compensation cases in Douglasville, meaning we’re never distracted by other practice areas or types of cases. It’s an important distinction, and it’s one that sets us apart from lawyers in other practice areas who attempt to handle these cases on the side. Laura’s clients trust her enough to come back after they’ve experienced a second on-the-job injury.
Your Douglasville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
If you’ve been injured at work, you can’t afford to handle your workers’ compensation claim yourself. In Georgia, workers’ comp cases are complicated, with opportunities to make a mistake and limit or even miss out on compensation. Even worse, some people avoid claiming workers’ compensation entirely, fearing for their job security or writing off an injury as minor. Oftentimes, those who return to work find out they’re more seriously hurt than they thought and are left unable to perform their job as they did before the injury.
We handle all types of workplace injuries, including:
- Shoulder injuries. If your job involves heavy lifting or overhead work, shoulder injuries are always a risk.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Brain injuries are life changing, often requiring years of treatment and care.
- Repetitive use injuries. Assembly line work or hours spent at the computer can lead to long-lasting problems like carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Catastrophic injuries. When an injury is so severe that it will require lifetime treatment and compensation benefits, we fight to obtain a catastrophic designation from the State Board.
- Car and truck accidents. Crashes can happen at any time, including when you’re on the job. Even if the accident was your fault, you may still be entitled to workers’ comp.
- Back and neck injuries. There’s nothing simple about back and neck injuries. We help you get the accurate diagnosis you’ll need for pursuing your claim.
- Knee injuries. When you’ve had a knee injury, you need a great orthopedic doctor from the start. We help ensure you get the medical attention you need to make a successful claim.
Laura started off as a Georgia workers’ compensation defense attorney. After five years, she switched sides, choosing to represent injured workers instead of the insurance companies. Because of her experience, Laura understands how unfair the system can be to employees. She also knows how hard it can be to navigate a claim while recovering from an injury. That’s why Laura and her team work to make it easier on her clients—extending respect, care and compassion.
Call the Law Offices of Laura Lanzisera Today
If you’ve been injured on the job, you can’t afford to handle your claim yourself and risk a misstep. At the Law Offices of Laura Lanzisera, we can ensure your claim is handled the right way—start to finish. Call us at (404) 480-6154 to set up a consultation.